Sunday, July 8, 2012

A change of pace

This post is a little late, because we were hoping to find some pictures from it. However, we've kinda given up on the pictures for this, so here goes.  Dad and Mom split us up for a little one-on-one time two weekends ago. Hazel went with Dad while Mom took Turner and me.

From Hazel:
Dad took me to go on Will's Dad's boat on Lake Travis. I was super excited about it. Will and his mom and Dad, and Avi and his mom and Dad were going to join us. Dad and I drove all the way out to the lake, and all of the kids played in the lake while we waited for the boat to get put in the water. Unfortunately, the boat's batteries were dead, so we couldn't go out on the lake after all. But we made the best of it. We went to Will's neighborhood pool and we all swam around a bunch. I got to show off some of my swimming skills that I've been learning.
After we were all tired from swimming, we went back to Will's house and ate pizza for dinner. Then we played in Will's yard. He has a really neat yard. They have a huge playscape. Everyone was impressed at how fearless I was on the big playscape, especially the way I climbed the walls and flew down the slide. Will and I had a fun time together too.  We picked up roly-polies and shared them. But the best part was Will's dune buggy. We drove it all over the yard. Will drove for a while, and I luaghed and laughed from the passenger seat. Then I drove for a while. Dad is glad that I won't be driving for real for another 13 years or so.
By the time we got back home, it was really late. What a fun day! Hopefully, we'll get to go out on Will's boat another time.

In their absence, Mom, Turner and I had a blast. We went to the shoe store to look for my new school shoes and hit my favorite frozen yogurt shop next door. Then we spent the afternoon at the Austin Children's Museum. Turner really had fun crawling around the spaces set aside for the museum's youngest visitors, while I played all over the museum. I especially enjoyed a pretend garden and the kitchen area, which has lots of pretend food.

We wrapped up our fun day with a stop at Taco Cabana, by my request. I told Mom, "I'm glad Hazel's not here. She bosses me around and doesn't let me do what I want to do. It frustrates me." Mom almost fell on the floor laughing, but said she enjoyed our time together too.

This past weekend, we had some time without Dad and Mom because they needed to go chill out with some friends at the Salt Lick, one of Austin's famous BBQ restaurants. Saturday Turner's teacher joined us in the late afternoon. She spent the evening with us and even gave us a bath and put us to bed. We had a nice time. Monday night Mom and Dad had to go out again, so Hazel's teacher watched us. We were happy to spend some time with her. She's very fun!

No comments: